Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2024

Not Much

 Just a pointless post showing two things that I have done in the last twelve months.

First up is Fluffy. The world cheapest homemade monster and something I am inordinately proud of.

Fluffy is constructed with the following:

- a cotton wool ball
- a small coin
- red & black paint
- two squiggly eyes (that I purchased about 20 years ago because one day they would be needed.)

Glue the cotton wool ball to the small coin. Once the glue has set paint on the month in black and add red if desired, and stick on the eyes. You now have a silly monster for 40k or any other system.

Fluffy on the left has just eaten while Fluffy on the right is still hungry

Dopey looking Fluffy on the right.

Mummy and baby Fluffy. Baby Fluffy can be used for 10 or 15mm games or can join in the 28mm games too.  To make a baby Fluffy just tear the cotton wool ball in half.

Action shot of Fluffy and a Space Ranger

Action shot of Buzz Lightyear firing double gangster style to cleanse the galaxy of these hideous xeno creatures. No mercy Buzz!!


I have also bought a few more of the contrast paints. To give me a better idea of how they look/work I decided to copy what Games Workshop displays in their stores. I got some surplus 10mm figures, undercoated them in white and then painted each figure in one of the colours. This would also help me see how the contrast paint would work in 10mm

The ones at the front are Army Painter Metallic Speed Paints. All the others are GW Contrast paints.
I cleverly remembered to keep a record of what colour each one was. Especially for the GW ones as the name is often meaningless.

So not much of a post but just enough to say I am still doing stuff and keep the blog ticking over.

Thanks for reading.


6 comments:

  1. The various contrast paints are interesting Ben. 🤔 Not sure if I will ever give them a go or not....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, they are very good for a painter with my talents (or lack of) 😂

      Delete
  2. LOL, it's the small things that make us the most proud.
    Fluffy seems pretty cheap to make too, could do so in large numbers. I'll await the inevitable Starship Troopers type scenario where the fluffs are the bugs and the space rangers are the troopers: The few with automatic weapons being swarmed by angry fuzzballs.
    😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stew, what have you done!!! That's a great idea!
      I wasn't going to make anymore and now I have to. I will be knee deep in fluffys soon.
      At least it will be a cheap project 🤣

      Delete
    2. So with Galactic Heroes: you could have a crew of 6-8 figures, maybe even increase the traits by 1, and then for the puffs you make them grunts (the 3 miniatures with one wound) so it could be 6 vs 18 or something like that. If the crew is in a great defensive position maybe give the puffs a respawn….

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a great plan Stew. Time for a fluffy making session. 😂

      Delete