Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2024

Project Fluffy

 A new quick project.

In the comments of my last post Stew (of a Terrible Loss of  Lead and Wealth) suggested that I make a few more Fluffies and run a game using FFOL Galactic Heroes against my Space Rangers. This was a great idea as Fluffies are easy to make and it would be a silly but fun game to play.

So, in my quickest project ever I have already made a great start and in less than two weeks

Another 30 Fluffies have been made.




In the scenario I planned I realised I would need a small Rescue Shelter and I decided that this could also perform double duty as a box for the new Fluffy horde. I have completed the Rescue Shelter for the game using a clear take away container that I usually use to store my figures in.




I got out all the figures I would need for the scenario. Fluffies, Space Rangers, Buzz Lightyear who will come to save the Space Rangers in his shuttle and the completed Rescue Shelter.




I have even set up the table for the game. Going old school with a white table cloth for the snowy planet, various objects under it for hills and ridges, Fluffy starting positions and entry points, and the Space Ranger Squad with the long trip to the Rescue Shelter where they will call down Buzz and the Shuttle to take them away from these hideous xeno's.  



So a fantastic result in less than two weeks I have created a new army plus the terrain to play a game with. Lets see if I can complete the game in the next two weeks.


Using the takeaway containers for a building is something I had done before. Here is a photo of some I created for my nephew when he was interested in 40k. Cheap and very easy to make with just a bit of spray paint and some suitable posters printed out.


My nephew started a Necron army so I built him some Necron themed buildings as well.



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Fluffies Ben! The takeaway buildings also look really good - is your nephew still gaming? Look forward to seeing how the game pans out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it. I love everything about it. The look and style are hilarious (in the right way). 😀

    ReplyDelete