For the 1812 Retreat from Moscow project I have completed painting the houses and the French forces.
While the houses are not strictly correct for the period they are close enough for me. They come with a courtyard so the houses can either be placed independently or as part of a fortified farm. This will give a bit more flexibility in any future snowy games.
The French I have painted as pretty much in their summer blue uniforms as that is what has come. Some infantry I have painted grey to represent wearing their greatcoats. But they look OK I think and I can pretend that this is early on in the retreat. 😁It still looks pretty dismal!
I have based them all on clear plastic counters and have painted numbers on the bases so that the individuals can be distinguished.
![]() |
| Trudging along the road to Paris. Led by some lancers and with some at the rear to guard against Cossacks |
![]() |
| Some civilians hoping to join the procession |
![]() |
| Another view of the dispirited team. At the cross roads a forgotten standard is stuck in the snow. This is used in the fourth scenario. |
![]() |
| Drone or crow's eye view |
![]() |
| Another closeup |
Well half done now. Just the Russians to do.





You have set the scene very nicely and quickly!
ReplyDelete