Wednesday 29 June 2022

40K Space Rangers - Air Support

 The 40K Space Rangers army continues to grow. One day, maybe, I will actually play a game with them.

A new Buzz Lightyear movie is coming out and this time I am ready to snap up any appropriate toys when they are released, rather than try and find them when they are well out of stock.

I have been really lucky and have found they have released a range of planes whose pilots are 30mm high!  Just the right size. I have been sensible and only bought two of the possible four planes.

At $22 each they are a bargain compared to the GW versions at $80 plus. Also, the Disney versions are made, painted and have retractable landing gear and opening cockpits! Awesome.

Side on view showing their landing gear and open cockpits with some Space Rangers for scale

Front on view

Screaming through the skies adding some morale boosting noise.

I think I will play (whenever I get around to it) the 07 plane as a Storm Eagle ground attack plane and 15 as either a Ravenwing Dark Talon or a Nephilim Jetfighter air superiority fighter.

Unfortunately the 40K rules I have are from 20 years ago and do not have any aircraft in them so I will have to get the latest version to get rules for aircraft. Luckily the core rules are free so maybe I can get away with them :)

4 comments:

  1. A useful couple of purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McDonald’s also has little buzz light year type space ships in the happy meals… just sayin. 😀
    I like it when people use really original ‘counts as’ in armies. I once saw a Mr Potato Head as some sort of Orc stompy robot.
    Good luck on the project. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew for the heads up. Off to maccas for a happy meal :)

      Delete