Wednesday 16 June 2021

Cold War Soviets - Painted

 In a reasonably quick time for me I got my Cold War Soviet army built and painted.


the whole force

Armoured Options. T62s, T55s and JS 2/3. Two scout cars and some APCs.

What started it all. A Caspian Sea Monster - Ready to deliver a company of infantry, a couple of APCs right to the door step of the Capitalists

Motorised Rifle Company

Rifle Platoon

Choice of 1960s and 1980s ATGMs

1980s AA missiles

Choice of 1960s and 1980s HMGs plus Heavy Weapons Platoon Commander

Some Hind Close Support.

A great force for battles. I am getting a mortar platoon as well.

I thought the Hinds were way too big compared to my existing helicopters until I saw a photo of a CIA Chinook stealing one in Africa, the Hind is about the same size as the Chinook.

Time to get my US army painted.

I have also found some rules that look good and are aimed at company sized forces - These are Rapid Deployment from Sabre Squadron. These are free but if they work I will probably get the Sabre Squadron rules which they are based on.

2 comments:

  1. Those are sweet! Loving especially the Hinds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully! Not up to your standards but good enough for me. :)

      Delete