Wednesday 10 February 2021

10mm Terrain - Ruined City

 I spent a bit of my time off at Christmas reorganising my wargames room. I found some city tiles from Dropzone Commander that I had not used because they were too fiddly. So I decided to make a new ruined city board and a new normal city board by sticking them to three pieces of 900x600mm mdf.

My previous ruined city featured in my Toot battle reports from February 2019 were not very good. So using the Dropzone Commander tiles would give me a good base for my city.

I found I did not have enough ruined buildings to really fill two boards so I used the leftover bits from the ruined building kits I had made before to make nine new ruined buildings. (new ruined buildings doesn't make any sense - that's language for you.)

I still need to make a few things. Extra ruined pylons for the elevated roadway and something to add a bit of depth to the roads that go underground and where one road goes under the other road.

So here are the pictures.

An overview of two of the boards

A blurry close up of the right hand side



A close up of the left hand side


Anyway the final result is Ok for me. There is a third board which will add some variety and also be the perfect place for a new building I am getting that is perfect for any alien invasion.
The undestroyed city will feature the same layout, I will show that one soon. 

4 comments: