Tuesday, 29 September 2026

British 1st Battalion 28th Infantry Regiment

 Another British line regiment marches off the painting desk.

Here they are:

Readying to repel a French charge

Another view

Deciding they will repel the charge from over there on the hill.

Up to my usual wargaming standard, using the three foot rule. Maybe a bit too much flock. 😒

A mixture of contrast and normal acrylic paints.

So two weeks and two units done, still on track for Christmas 😂

7 units to go in 10 weeks!  

List of figures and units.  All Pendraken figures, as are the flags.

Figure
Number    Type                                Units        Percentage completed
180            Line Infantry                   6x30            32%
32              Light Infantry                   2x12            0%
30              Rifles                               1x30            0%
15              Household Cavalry        1x15            100%
30              Dragoons                        2x15            100%
3+12          Line Artillery & crew        3            100%
3+12          Horse Artillery & Crew    3            100%
2+8            Horse Artillery                  2            100%       
5                Commanders                     5             100%
4                Wellington with aides        1             100%

24 comments:

  1. I understand that gypsies were known to stick a bit of ginger up a horses bum so that it was unusually lively when put up for sale. Given your current frenetic production schedule (and great looking units) Ben I’m afraid I have to ask…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....... that explains my disturbing dreams the other night 🤣🤣

      More to come .... units not dreams I hope!

      Delete
  2. Another splendid unit done. Don't know whether you know, but Pendraken have a price rise coming on 1st October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. I was aware, I briefly considered making an order but then remembered my unpainted pile 😂

      Delete
  3. Ben! They look fantastic readying to repel that French charge on the hill.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. Wellington always had them standing on hills.

      Delete
  4. Another splendid British line unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, your Naps look good Ben, BTW should that be the 91.44cm rule 😂?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain.....imperial hangs on in the most unlikely places 😂

      Delete
  6. Another great unit, fab work Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another very nice looking regiment, a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the way to another achievement!

    ReplyDelete