Pages

▼

Pages

▼

Tuesday, 22 September 2026

British 3rd Battalion 1st Infantry Regiment

 Another British Napoleonic unit rolls off the painting desk. The 3rd Battalion 1st Infantry Regiment.

In a stunning turn around from painting the unit and then shoving any random flag on them, this time I chose the unit based on the Pendraken flags I purchased, meaning they have the correct facings, plume, and uniform*. Another step further into the morass of Napoleonic Nerdery.

* assuming the website I looked at is accurate (of course it is, you are not allowed to put anything wrong on the internet!!)

Here they are:

The thin red line about to fire a broadside.... no that's the navy.. fire a volley at those damn French

A rear view.

So one week and one unit done, maybe completing them by Christmas is possible. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Only 8 units to go in 11 weeks!  

List of figures and units.  All Pendraken figures, as are the flags.

Figure
Number    Type                                Units        Percentage completed
180            Line Infantry                   6x30            16%
32              Light Infantry                   2x12            0%
30              Rifles                               1x30            0%
15              Household Cavalry        1x15            100%
30              Dragoons                        2x15            100%
3+12          Line Artillery & crew        3            100%
3+12          Horse Artillery & Crew    3            100%
2+8            Horse Artillery                  2            100%       
5                Commanders                     5             100%
4                Wellington with aides        1             100%

18 comments:

  1. Excellent! I like how you are moving research ahead of painting. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan! You make it sound like I know what I am doing ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  2. Moving ever onwards :-) another nice unit with generous headcount, I went into my local garden centre last week ...... and all the Christmas trees and decorations are out for sale! Christmas must be almost upon us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm. Nooooooo! I hope they delay Christmas this year, just a couple of weeks will do ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  3. Lovely work Ben, they look great, project is cracking on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie. I must have rolled 6 PIPs. ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  4. Lovely work, Ben! They look grand lined up and ready to unleash a proper volley on the French.


    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cool addition to the collection, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on your ‘thin red line’, very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain! I believe the French called it the "dim red line" ๐Ÿ˜„

      Delete
  7. Superb unit of line. Great work, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, youre definately on target, no pressure, nice to see you slide into the button counting morass!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! I am keeping up the pace and hopefully I dont slip down any further.๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  9. They look very nice too Ben!

    ReplyDelete